Election InformationInformation on registration, absentee voting, polling locations and taxing districts
County Clerk: Sherry Ward
201 Industrial Ave.
Council, ID 83612
Adams County Courthouse
PO Box 48
Council, ID 83612
Phone: (208) 253-4561
Fax: (208) 253-4880
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday
The General Election is being held on November 3rd, 2020. All polling places are open for in-person voting on Election Day.
Absentee Ballots are available starting September 28th, 2020 at the Adams County Clerk’s Office for absentee voting.
A high percentage of our voters have elected to receive their General Election ballot by mail. If you are one of those voters, the ballots will be mailed to you. Should you want to double-check if you did request a ballot to be mailed to you, please call our office at 208-253-4561 option 5.
As always, you have two options for absentee voting:
- You can either vote in person at the Clerk’s office Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. October 30th, 2020 is the last day for in-person absentee voting at the absentee polling place (Courthouse).
- Or, you can ask for a ballot to be mailed to you by doing the following:
- Log on to https://elections.sos.idaho.gov/ElectionLink/ElectionLink/BeginAbsenteeRequest.aspx and complete the request.
- You can print the request form by clicking this link https://elections.sos.idaho.gov/ElectionLink/ElectionLink/BeginAbsenteeRequest.aspx, completing the form and mailing it to the PO Box listed on the form, or faxing it to 208-253-4880, or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not have internet access, please call us and we can mail you the Absentee Ballot Application form.
Note: The application to mail a ballot must be received by the county on October 23rd, 2020 by 5:00pm.
To view if you are registered to vote or to update your residence or mailing address, please use the same link above in sub-paragraph 2.
Should you have any questions, please call the Clerk’s office at 253-4561.
View the sample ballots: