Election InformationInformation on registration, absentee voting, polling locations and taxing districts
County Clerk: Sherry Ward
201 Industrial Ave.
Council, ID 83612
Adams County Courthouse
PO Box 48
Council, ID 83612
Phone: (208) 253-4561
Fax: (208) 253-4880
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday
Absentee Voting for the November 7, 2017 Election
Because Idaho law provides for absentee voting, registered voters, who wish to vote early or will be unable to vote at their precinct in the upcoming election, may vote in the Clerk’s Office or by mail.
You may vote in person from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at the Clerk’s Office in the Adams County Courthouse, 201 Industrial Avenue in Council, starting October 16, 2017 to November 3, 2017.
Voters, who wish to receive an absentee ballot by mail, have the following options:
- Asking for an Absentee Ballot Request Form by calling the Clerk’s Office or downloading it by clicking this link , or
- Mailing a letter to the Clerk’s Office requesting an absentee ballot. The letter needs to include the requestor’s name, residence address, mailing address and needs to be signed.
The Absentee Ballot Request Form or the letter can be delivered to the Adams County Clerk’s Office in person, by mail to PO Box 48, Council ID 83612, faxed to (208) 253-4880 or emailed to email@example.com. The form/letter has to be received no later than October 27, 2017 at 5pm.
Absentee ballots must be received by the Clerk’s Office by 8:00 pm on Election Day, November 7, 2017.
To check if your absentee ballot has been received, click this link.
- City of Council – Mayor and Council Members
- City of New Meadows – Council Members and Special Water Bond
- Bear Fire District – Creation of District