Welcome to Adams County, Idaho
Adams County in the state of Idaho was established March 3, 1911 and named for America’s second president, John Adams. It is comprised of 1,376 square miles of mountains, forests, rivers, and high desert and is bordered on the west by Hells Canyon, North America’s deepest river gorge. Our county is home to approximately 4,000 residents and include the communities of Bear, Council, Cuprum, Goodrich, Fruitvale, Indian Valley, Mesa New Meadows and Pinehurst. Council, Idaho is the county seat and is known for being the meeting place of the Nez Perce and Shoshoni Indians.
Adams County is a great recreational area. Here you can camp, fish, hunt, hike, swim, horseback ride, and pick huckleberries. In the winter, there are plenty of activities such as snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snow shoeing and down hill skiing. We welcome you to Adams County!
Adams County Position Announcements:
1. Part-time/Temporary Operator for Goodrich Landfill/New Meadows Transfer Site
Adams County has an opening for a part-time/temporary Landfill/Transfer Site Operator for New Meadows Transfer Site and the Goodrich Landfill. The purpose of this position is to fill in during vacation and other time as needed. The landfill will need an individual for 8-hours per week (4-hours on Tuesday and 4-hours on Friday). The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and enjoy working with the public. Adams County is an equal opportunity employer. Application and full job description is available here and at the Clerk’s office or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2015.
2. Custodian – Adams County Courthouse
Must be 18 years of age or older, able to lift up to 50 lbs, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Cleaning of courthouse and two other county buildings, bathrooms, windows, stripping, waxing and buffing floors.
- Expected work schedule: five (5) days a week, timeframe 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours per day. Time schedule will vary due to holidays.
- The position is year-round with no benefits other than required
- The pay schedule is $630.00/biweekly pay, ($16,380.00 annually)
- Sheriff’s office –Lobby, bathroom and patrol area
- Removing recyclables to Recycling center
- Other various duties
Job open until filled
For employment application form, please click the link below.
Pay Property Taxes
Access payment and online services quickly: