Welcome to Adams County, Idaho
Adams County in the state of Idaho was established March 3, 1911 and named for America’s second president, John Adams. It is comprised of 1,376 square miles of mountains, forests, rivers, and high desert and is bordered on the west by Hells Canyon, North America’s deepest river gorge. Our county is home to approximately 4,000 residents and include the communities of Bear, Council, Cuprum, Goodrich, Fruitvale, Indian Valley, Mesa New Meadows and Pinehurst. Council, Idaho is the county seat and is known for being the meeting place of the Nez Perce and Shoshoni Indians.
Adams County is a great recreational area. Here you can camp, fish, hunt, hike, swim, horseback ride, and pick huckleberries. In the winter, there are plenty of activities such as snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snow shoeing and down hill skiing. We welcome you to Adams County!
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of:
Deputy Sheriff/ Detention Deputy
Written testing, psychological testing, drug testing and/or a background investigation may be conducted. Interviews shall be granted based upon a review of application and supporting documentation. All applicants shall successfully complete the Idaho P.O.S.T. physical fitness test prior to being hired. Failure of the physical fitness test shall result in immediate disqualification from the hiring process.
All applicants shall be at least 21 years of age.
Additionally the successful applicant is required to:
- Possess a current Idaho driver’s license,
- High school diploma or equivalent/G.E.D.
- Achieve Idaho P.O.S.T. Law Enforcement officer certification within one year of employment or possess a current Idaho P.O.S.T. Law Enforcement officer certification.
- Additional qualifications include the ability to use common computer based applications e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel, and proprietary record management software.
- Salary: $13.93-$15.50 per hour DOQ
The application period is open until filled.