History of Adams CountyA brief history of our County and Cities
Goodrich is an area located southwest of Council. An 1890 petition was presented to build a road from the Middle Fork of the Weiser River to Salubria (near Cambridge) via Bacon Valley (near Mesa). A post office was established in 1901 and was known as “Milligan.” The name was changed to Goodrich in 1912.
In about 1910 a school was established. Soon the community had a baseball team and its own “orchestra”. In 1956 the school closed and the students were bussed to Council. The post office was closed in 1957.
Today the Goodrich area consists of private residences and range and pasture lands.